Maintenance shall be performed only by qualified personnel after disconnecting power. The user shall set up a table for periodic maintenance of each fan and keep a record of maintenance performed.
- Remove the dust buildup on the exterior surface of the motor and cooling disc periodically to ensure excellent cooling effect. This routine shall be performed once every six months normally and once every three months if the dust builds up quickly.
- The motor with a lubrication hole shall be lubricated periodically. Refer to the lubrication nameplate for information about lubrication schedule, method and lubricant selection.
- The motor without a lubrication hole requires no lubrication.
- The wheel shall be cleaned of foreign bodies, dust, oil and grease buildup. Otherwise, they will cause wheel imbalance and result in unwanted sound, vibration, system loss and premature wear and tear.
- Check the set screws used to secure the wheel to motor shaft for tightness.
During all maintenance work, start/stop of the fan shall be controlled by maintenance personnel! Each time after the maintenance work is finished, double-check the fan.